The application was tossed out by the Human Rights Court 1 Division of the High Court on Monday, April 12, 2021, according to Citinewsroom.
The student had filed an ex-parte motion through his aunt, claiming that his frequent stay at home puts him at a disadvantage.
As a result, he asked the court to order the Achimota School to temporarily enroll him while the parties’ legal battle continues.
“The longer Applicant remains at home, the longer he will be refused an education,” one part of the motion said.
However, Her Ladyship Gifty Adjei Addo, in ruling on the motion, stated that approving such an application would be prejudicial to the substantive issue.
Since the case was still being expedited, the judge clarified that a mandatory injunction would only have required the petitioner to remain in school for 10 days.
It can be recalled that the Achimota School was in the news last month after the school refused entry to two male students with dreadlocks.
Following a lengthy meeting with administrators, GES authorities, and the parents of the two students, the school is said to have refused the order.
In the meantime, Oheneba Nkrabea has filed a lawsuit against the Achimota School for the incident.
The Board of Governors of Achimota School, the Ghana Education Service, the Ministry of Education, and the Attorney General are all included in his case.